Ordered before 12:00, shipped the same working day free shipping from €50 in NL
Tips for pet owners in the month of December

Tips for pet owners in the month of December

December is a fun month for us. But also for your pet? Due to all the upcoming holidays such as Sinterklaas, Christmas and New Year's Eve, we are busy. For example, a record number of gifts are bought every year, and the Christmas decorations at home should of course not be missing. But of course you also want your pet to get through the month safely! Read our tips that you as a pet owner should take into account in the month of December.

CHOCOLATE LETTER IN YOUR SHOE OR WREATS IN THE TREE?

As soon as Sinterklaas is in the country, all children can put on their shoes. The next day they wake up with probably a chocolate letter in it. Unfortunately, it also happens that the dog also liked the chocolate letter very much. With all the consequences that entails. CHOCOLATE IS TOXIC TO DOGS. Chocolate contains alkaloids (theobromide and caffeine) these substances are both toxic to dogs. Whether the dog gets sick depends on the weight and the amount of chocolate. In some dogs, a small amount can already get poisoning symptoms. Such as: restlessness, drinking more, vomiting, epileptic seizures, cardiac arrhythmias and even falling into a coma or death. The Christmas wreaths in the tree are also gone in the blink of an eye. Chocolate is also toxic to cats, fortunately most cats do not like chocolate. If your pets have eaten chocolate, always consult with the vet.

A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE BECAUSE IT SMELLS SO GOOD.

As soon as Sinterklaas is out of the country, it's time for the Christmas tree. And of course nothing is more beautiful than a real tree with lights and nice decorations. Unfortunately, the tree also loses its needles and these needles are poisonous to dogs and cats. The water that the Christmas tree is in is also poisonous, so never let your pet drink from it. If this does happen, your pet may develop the following symptoms: inflammation in the mouth, swollen snout, lethargy, vomiting and diarrhoea. Fortunately, nowadays there are also beautiful fake Christmas trees.

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS PIECE ON THE TABLE

Christmas arrangements, wreaths, holly, poinsettia and mistletoe all these Christmas plants are poisonous to your pets. Lilies are also life-threatening for cats. Licking the pollen can cause irreparable kidney damage. Other symptoms include nausea, mucosal inflammation, vomiting, diarrhoea, convulsions, shortness of breath and cardiac arrhythmias. Fortunately, there are now also beautiful fake Christmas plants for sale.

THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN THE TREE MUST ALSO NOT BE MISSED.

Unfortunately, some Christmas decorations can be dangerous for your pet. So replace the glass balls for animal testing like plastic balls. Also angel hair which is made of glass and the silver strands can cause intestinal blockage when eaten.

PREPARING THE CHRISTMAS DINNER.

We all want to eat well at Christmas. Many people make everything themselves these days. Think of a turkey in the oven or a tasty roulade. Did you know that bones and roulade smell and taste neatly like meat. Do not give leftover bones to the dog and put them in the trash right away. This can cause your pet to get a blockage in the intestines.

GOURMET ALL YOUR OWN PAN.

The gourmet set is often taken out of the closet at Christmas. Enjoy a long meal with all your friends or family. However, these gourmet pans are life-threatening for birds and small pets. The heat releases Teflon (non-stick). This substance is harmful to birds and can cause lung bleeding. Still feel like an evening gourmet, make sure your birds get shelter elsewhere and air the house well afterwards!

THE CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE DOLLS!

Ringing in the New Year with champagne at midnight is a tradition. The champagne bottle stool seems harmless to play with for your pet. But did you know that ingestion can lead to a blockage and that in some cases it must be removed surgically. Do not let your pet play with the stool.

FROM A THOUSAND CLAMPERS TO DECORATION FIREWORKS.

Make sure your pet is inside during the period that fireworks are set off. Walk your dog when it is quiet outside. Fireworks are dangerous for pets. If your dog or cat is afraid of fireworks, read [here] our tips against fireworks fear.

BE EXTRA NICE TO YOUR PET DURING THE CELEBRATION MONTH.

Remember that the holiday season can be very stressful for your pet. Outside the fireworks and suddenly a Christmas tree in the living room and animals feel everything well. For example, they notice the stress of their owners around the Christmas dinner. And the gigantic clappers that are already fired before New Year's Eve.

HEMP OIL SUPPORTS IN STRESS-FULL SITUATIONS.

No one is a fan of numbing their pet with the use of sedative medication. Fortunately, more and more pet owners are discovering that there are alternative solutions that we can start on time. For example, CannaBioDay has developed special hemp oil for cats & dogs. Hemp oil naturally contains the non-psychoactive substance Cannabidiol or CBD.

Just like us humans, dogs and cats also feel joy, pain, fear, stress and love but also have the endocannabinoid system. In recent years, many studies have been done on the endocannabinoid system. The body itself produces substances that are very similar to cannabinoids from hemp plant, namely endocannabinoids. The CBD from the hemp is able to bind to receptors that are part of the body's own endocannabinoid system. These receptors act as signal transmitters, regulating all important processes in the body. Partly because of this, hemp oil is widely applicable and more and more pet owners are giving hemp oil to their pet for anxiety.

 

Calming hemp snacks

Treat your pet to True Hemp. CannaBioDay sells special calming snacks for dogs and cats. The snacks contain hemp, green tea, chamomile & lemon balm. These healthy snacks for dogs and cats will help to relax. Put your pet's health first!